Daniel received his J. D. in 2010 from Texas Wesleyan School of Law in Fort Worth, Texas, where he was the top student in his graduating class. He obtained his license to practice law in Texas in 2011 after sitting for the February 2011 bar exam, in which he obtained the highest score on the bar exam for that session.
Daniel has been appointed as Special Master in a number of patent infringement cases in the Northern District of Texas involving cell phone communication protocols, digital camera technologies, pharmaceutical formulations, computer software, mechanical and electrical engineering, and communications systems. As Special Master he functioned as a technical and legal advisor to the Court, assisting the Court in understanding the technology involved in the litigation and applying patent law during claim constructions, motions for summary judgment, and trial.
Cases in which he has been involved as a Special Master include the following.
• Cinsay, Inc. v. Joyus, Inc. and Brightcove Inc.
• Galderma Laboratories, L.P., Galderma S.A., and Galderma Research & Development, S.N.C. v. Actavis Mid Atlantic, LLC.
• Geotag, Inc. v. AT&T Mobility LLC and AT&T Services, Inc.
• Global Tel*Link Corporation v. Securus Technologies, Inc.
• Innovative Sonic Limited v. Research in Motion, LTD and Research in Motion Corporation
• Long Range Systems, LLC v. HME Wireless, Inc.
• Online News Link, LLC v. Acxiom Corporation
• Online News Link, LLC v. Epsilon Data Management, LLC
• Red Dog Mobile Shelters, LLC v. KAT Industries, Inc. and KAT Machine, Inc.
• Research in Motion, LTD and Research in Motion Corp. v. Eastman Kodak Co.
• Securus Technologies, Inc. v. Global Tel*Link Corporation
• Taylor Publishing Co. v. CTP Innovations
• Mannatech, Inc. v. Wellness Quest, LLC and Harley Reginald McDaniel
After receiving B.S. in Chemistry in 1999 from the University of Texas at Austin, Daniel spent 10 years in the field of pharmaceutical drug research and design with an emphasis on design and synthesis of new compounds as possible drug candidates, working for Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals in Cincinnati, Ohio, Cumbre Pharmaceuticals in Dallas, Texas, and Joyant Pharmaceuticals in Dallas, Texas. He is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.